Exhibition in Milano at Mi Japan, 20 to 22nd of May 2011


I've been in love with Japan for very long time, I love Japanese culture, the art and the tradition to the extent that I married a Japanese woman, thank to her, I have the luck and privilege to experience the real Japanese life and culture. During my repeated stay in Japan, I'm able to understand and absorb the tradition, being a privileged witness of the act of creation of the artist, I take photographs of, performing for me only, I'm not a curious tourist or a cold documentarist.
I focus my attention on the hand, the hands are the media that make real, materialize the thinking and the soul of the artist, I witness the action of creation and I capture in my images the magic moment of creation of art. 
I concentrate my work on traditional arts, like calligraphy, pottery, tea ceremony, music with traditional instruments, traditional dance, martial arts, etc.
The profound secrets of shadows are in my photography, I like to express the elegance of the gesture and of a culture, the Japanese, that operate by subtraction, of tones, of actions, of light, not only emotional, and the search of self, the search of perfection and harmony through the gesture as form of art.

Comments

Popular Posts